In accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, with this notice De Rigo Vision S.p.A. (hereinafter also “De Rigo”) explains to visitors to the website the purposes and methods of personal data processing as well as how to exercise their privacy rights. By using our services the user authorises De Rigo to process their personal data as described in this notice.
Founded in 1978 by brothers Ennio and Walter De Rigo as a small artisan company in the Belluno area, today De Rigo is a world leader in the design, production and distribution of high-end and high quality eyewear, and is among the most important retailers in the field of international optics. The Group’s products are sold in around 80 countries worldwide, through 16 commercial branches, 4 retail divisions and over 100 independent distributors.This privacy notice is applicable to all visitors to www.yaleaeyewear.com as regards the personal data provided by the latter to De Rigo.
Which data do we process and why
Based on the services it provides, De Rigo processes the personal data of users for the following purposes:
- to manage back office activities in order to meet user requests (requests, support, claims, etc);
- to publicise the products and brand managed by the company;
- to improve the quality of the products and services provided by De Rigo.
As regards the processing of personal data for marketing purposes, visitors to the website will be asked for their explicit consent. As for the other purposes of data processing, De Rigo processes data with the legitimate goal of managing the requests it receives and performing analyses on the web instruments offered.
Given the aforementioned purposes, De Rigo will process the following types of personal data:
- standard personal data such as personal details, home address, phone numbers and email address;
- browsing data, also known as cookies, such as, for example, the IP address from which the user connects to the internet, their login data, the type of browser they use or the online searches they carry out on our website.
Personal data are collected on an optional or mandatory basis. Mandatory personal data will be appropriately indicated. If an interested party refuses to provide the personal data that De Rigo has marked as required, we will not be able to process their requests.
How we use your data
De Rigo collects and stores your personal data in both digital and paper-based format in order to meet the goals for which they are processed. In any event the Company will take the most appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect these data.
The data are handled by personnel that have been suitably trained to perform these activities.
How we share your data
To achieve the abovementioned goals, your personal data may be transmitted by De Rigo to third parties, whether these be Independent Data Controllers or External Data Supervisors.The third parties that may be involved in the processing activities fall into the following categories:
- suppliers of IT services that we use;
- agencies or suppliers of services that support De Rigo with marketing activities;
- our sales network or other Group companies, if necessary to process your request.
In the event that third parties act as external data supervisors, De Rigo shall be responsible for ensuring that these parties process your data in a safe and suitable manner, in accordance with the specific process. To guarantee that this happens, De Rigo will ensure that the third party presents suitable processing measures and will provide the latter with precise instructions, supervising their operations.
In the context of the aforementioned goals, De Rigo may transmit the personal data collected to suppliers headquartered in non-EU countries; in any event the Company undertakes to guarantee a suitable level of protection, establishing appropriate guarantees in respect of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR – EU 679/2016).
Our obbligations and your rights
OUR OBBLIGATIONS – The data supplied by you or collected from third party sources will be stored in our archives to the extent necessary and only in order to pursue the above goals. To ensure that we process your personal data in accordance with your wishes, in every commercial message we will give you the chance to tell us if you no longer wish to receive our communications.
YOUR RIGHTS – By contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org you can:
- cancel your personal data (e.g. if you no longer require our services);
- modify or correct your data, especially if they are not accurate;
- limit the use of your personal data;
- transform your personal data into a readable format, i.e. ask us to stop using part or all of these data;
If you believe that your rights have been infringed you can make a claim to the competent Authority according to the indications published on its website www.garanteprivacy.it